C.A.S.E. is getting ready to host a virtual gala to bring awareness to the challenges that foster and adoptive families face especially given the COVID crisis. The gala will take place this Friday, October 16th, from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST, and we hope you will be able to join us virtually.
What Events Will Take Place?
For those who participate, you will enjoy entertainment that is provided by country singer Jimmy Wayne, who was a child that grew up in foster care. He has written several books to bring awareness children aging out of foster care, and he continues to work with at-risk youth.
There will be an inspirational message delivered by Dr. DeRionne Pollard. President of Montgomery County that helps to honor our Stars of Adoption. There will also be inspirational voices from one of our emerging leaders at C.A.S.E. and you will be able to listen to a special announcement that expresses the warm-hearted spirit of siblings.
At the end of the event, the silent auction will open with over 90 items. There are some fabulous items. For example, an 8” 14K beautiful white gold chain with ruby and diamond pendant, 24 tickets for the Washington National Baseball Game for the 2021 season. This will be for the Lincoln Suite, and lastly a 3-night stay in a 3-bedroom house at the Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs VA.
About the Presenters
- Jimmy Wayne is an award-winning artist, a bestselling author, a presenter, and a former foster youth. He is dedicated to making sure that children in foster care are given positive changes in their lives.
- Dr. DeRionne Pollard is Montgomery College’s President. She is recognized as one of Washington’s 100 Most Powerful Women, according to Washingtonian Magazine. Dr. Pollard has also received the 2017 Academic Leadership Award from Carnegie Corporation found in New York. She is also an adoptive parent.
- Maria Garcia Anderson: President & CEO of Anderson Fire Protection Inc.& a C.A.S.E. Board Member
- Philip Gibbs: President of Hamel Builders Inc. & a C.A.S.E. Growing Together Campaign Co-Chair
- Catherine Leggett: Honorary Co-Chair & a C.A.S.E. Growing Together Campaign Co-Chair
- Jeffrey Slavin: Honorary Co-Chair & Mayor of Somerset, Maryland
- Cathy S. Bernard
- Senator Ben Cardin
- Councilmember Dannielle Glaros
- Catherine Leggett
- Chairman Jeffrey McKay
- Chair Phyllis Randall
- Councilmember Craig Rice
- Greta Rosenzweig
- Ann and Steve Roth
- Congressman John Sarbanes
- Senator Chris Van Hollen
We also want to extend our thanks to our sponsors for their support. We greatly appreciate everything you do for us!